We are happy to welcome you to our establishment.
Since its creation, we have given a central place to respect for the environment. For us, for you and for future generations, we make every effort to minimize the impact of our activity on the environment. In January 2023, our commitments have been rewarded, indeed l’hôtel Best Western Plus d’Europe et d’Angleterre is newly labelised Clef Verte.
The “Clef Verte” label distinguishes tourist accommodation and restaurants committed to a voluntary, efficient and dynamic environmental approach. The label is awarded annually by an independent jury made up of experts and professionals in tourism and the environment.
Thus, here are our commitments:
WE RAISING AWARENESS OUR TEAMS AND OUR CUSTOMERS
– Our environment manager has received specific training on the challenges of sustainable tourism, environmental preservation and CSR
– Our teams are trained in the eco-gestures to be respected in their daily tasks
– We choose our service providers and suppliers based on their sustainable and social commitments
– We provide our customers with information booklets, brochures, displays concerning
the animal and plant species located in the surrounding area
– We offer several alternatives to limit CO2 emissions: loan of bicycles, electrical terminals
WE SAVE WATER AND ENERGY:
– We have installed water savers/pressure reducers on taps and showers so as not to deplete the resource
– We read our water and electricity meters every month to better manage our consumption
– All of our lighting is LED which allows energy savings and similar comfort for our customers
– We have installed occupancy sensors/timers in common areas/corridors to limit energy waste
WE LIMIT AND SORT WASTE:
– We have set up a selective sorting points
– We sort all types of waste, even bio-waste for our composter
– We work with a majority of products in bulk or in large packaging to limit unnecessary packaging
– We have set up displays to support our customers in sorting in accordance with local regulations
– We do not offer disposable tableware
WE ARE ATTENTIVE TO THE WELL-BEING OF OUR CUSTOMERS:
– You will find in our grocery store many products from our region and coming directly from producers
– We offer seasonal and local products and we adapt to certain special diets
– Our breakfast offers organic and/or fair trade products
– The products used for the maintenance of the rooms and common areas are all eco-labelled, which offers better air quality and fewer health risks
– For the well-being of our teams and yours, we have banned bleach, which irritates the respiratory tract and is toxic to aquatic organisms
– Our establishment is totally non-smoking
– We have chosen for our customers certified bed linen (organic cotton)
– Our green spaces are maintained without pesticides, and we use alternative methods to products to control weeds and insects
– We have partnerships with local resource centers and donate our old equipment/furniture
– Each year we commit to new criteria to perfect our approach, do not hesitate to send us your ideas!
Thank you for supporting us in our approach during your stay!